Creamy Tortellini Tomato Soup
Recipe type: Soup
Serves: 6 servings
- 1 small yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 5 cups chicken stock or broth
- ½ cup milk
- ¾ cup half and half
- 1 jar tomato sauce
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ lb ground beef, cooked and well drained
- 16 ounces refrigerated cheese tortellini
- Basil and parmesan cheese for garnish
- EVOO, Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat Large Pot with 1 Tablespoon EVOO. Place the onion and carrot in and simmer until onions are translucent.
- Add the basil, chicken broth, milk, half and half, pasta sauce, garlic and diced tomatoes. Stir until combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add in the ground beef and tortellini and simmer for another 20 minutes.
- Serve with shaved parmesan, fresh basil and crusty bread.
What do you think?