These easy Chewy Lemon Sugar Cookies have crisp edges and a perfectly soft, chewy center. So delicious and simple to make!
Every now and then, I crave something else but chocolate. I mean this is pretty rare, VERY rare. But when it happens, you better believe I’m going to mix up something special. These Lemon Sugar Cookies are slightly crisp on the outside, chewy on the inside exactly the way a cookie should be.
Do you know what’s fun? Zesting! Zesting of any sort just sparks a citrus scent and makes you feel alive in the middle of winter. Ha, okay it’s rough in the middle of February guys when it’s dark at 5 pm okay?! I hang onto the simple joys. It might be cold and dark in the winter but winter also brings on an amazing season, Citrus Season!
Why You’ll Love These Chewy Lemon Sugar Cookies
- They’re super easy to make
- Bursting with lemon flavor
- The perfect cookie balance with crisp edges and a soft, chewy, delectable interior
- A guaranteed family favorite!
Making the Chewy Lemon Sugar Cookies
- In a medium-size bowl whisk together the dry ingredients
- Using an electric mixer, mix together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in lemon zest, lemon juice, lemon extract, and vanilla extract until combined.
- Add egg and mix
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients
- Shape into a large ball and cover in plastic wrap, to refrigerate for 2-4 hours or overnight.
- Once your dough is chilled, scoop chilled dough into balls and roll in the remaining sugar.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 9-13 minutes. Cookies will set as they cool!
These cookies you will want to let cool completely before you touch them! I mean it! Do not try to sneak one in, they will fall apart until cool. After chilling the dough for 2-4 hours, I know it will be hard so my advice is the make the dough the night before that way you can wake up and be on your way to chewy Lemon Sugar cookies!
More Delicious Baking Recipes
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Zest
- 3 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1¼ Cup Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Lemon Extract
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ Cup Butter (unsalted and at room temperature)
- Do not preheat oven as you will need to chill dough for 2 -4 hours once made.
- In a medium size bowl whisk together all flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer or Kitchen Aid Stand, mix together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in lemon zest, lemon juice, lemon extract and vanilla extract until combined.
- Add egg and mix.
- Add flour mixture to wet ingredients and mix until even. Do not over mix.
- Mold into a large ball and cover in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for 2-4 hours or overnight.
- Once your dough is chilled, preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- Scoop chilled dough into balls and roll in the remaining sugar.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 9-13 minutes. Cookies will set as they cool.
- Wait 5 minutes for cookies to set and transfer to a baking rack to further cool.