This easy recipe for Apple Cider Cinnamon Sugar Donuts will leave you wondering why you’ve never made these before. September 1st rolled around and I broke out the apples, the fall spices and the donut pan. This New England girl loves her fall!
So fall comes and there are the pumpkin patches, the county fair’s and all the other places that you get Apple Cider Donuts. You guys…I’m going to add one more place. YOUR kitchen. This donut recipe is BAKED.
Mix up the batter, bake in the oven at 375 degrees, slather with butter and cover with cinnamon and sugar. NO REGRETS. Since donuts are always best warm, there is no warmer donut than the one directly from your oven on a crisp fall morning.
You will need a donut pan and a cheese grater (bear with me, although cheese is never a bad idea). The cheese grater is for grating the apple that will go into your donut batter.
Easy recipe for delicious baked Apple Cider Cinnamon Sugar Donuts.
- 1 Apple, peeled and grated.
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 Eggs
- 4 cups All Purpose Flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp salt
- 8 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, grease donut pan and set aside.
- Peel and grate apple and set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together dry ingredients using only 1 cup of the sugar. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine, 4 tbsp melted butter, buttermilk, applesauce, eggs and apple.
- Pour apple mixture into the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Transfer batter into a large zip-lock bag. Cut the bottom corner off of the bag and squeeze batter into the each donut cavity of the pan. Fill about 3/4 of the way but not to the very top.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes until golden.
- While the donuts are baking, mix 1 cup of sugar with 1 tsp cinnamon. Melt remaining 4 tbsp of butter in a small seperate dish large enough to place a donut in.
- When the donuts are done, remove from oven and pan. While warm, dip each donut (or use a brush to brush the butter) in butter on both sides. Move from the butter dish into the sugar bowl.
- Coat with cinnamon and sugar on both sides. Place on baking rack.
- Eat immediately while warm and enjoy!
Donuts are always best when served warm. If saving until the next day be sure to wrap up very tightly to ensure freshness.
Dipping method to butter the donuts works best but can be messy.
This recipe may contact affiliate links.
Fox Run 3827 Marble Pastry Board
French Blue Bouquet Salad Plates, Set of 4
Wilton Non-Stick 6-Cavity Donut Baking Pans, 2-Count
Checkered Chef Cooling Racks For Baking - Quarter Size - Stainless Steel Cooling Rack/Baking Rack Set of 2 - Oven Safe Wire Racks Fit Quarter Sheet Pan - Small Grid Perfect To Cool and Bake
You May Also Enjoy:
Love chocolate? Try the best Chocolate Donut recipe!