This is a recipe for Sesame Ginger Baby Bok Choy. With a thick sweet, garlicky and gingery glaze this will be one of your favorite recipes to crave!
Made in under 15 minutes, you’ll add this to your mid week dinner routine and makes for a perfect vegetarian meal.
What is Bok Choy?
Bok choy is one of two main types of leafy green vegetable known as Chinese cabbage.
It’s most closely related to cabbage but bok choy is a leafy lettuce/cabbage hybrid. All parts of the vegetable are edible and so delicious when tenderly cooked.
Though its closely related to the headed cabbage you’re likely familiar with, bok choy looks kind of like a celery/lettuce hybrid.
2-3 baby bok choy, halved
red pepper flakes
toasted sesame oil
Watch the Video Recipe Here
After mixing all of the ingredients for the sauce together, you’ll have a flavorful deep sauce ready for a delectable vegetable to sear by cast iron.
Slice the baby bok choy in half, dip into the sauce until coated. Using tongs, gently place into a well oiled cast iron skillet. Sear until brown and caramelized on both sides. The bok choy should be cooked through but with a slight crisp.
The finishing touch is a sprinkle of sesame seeds!
What to eat with Sesame Ginger Baby Bok Choy?
This delectable glazed tender bok choy is flavorful, crisp to the bite and made in under 15 minutes!
- 2-3 Baby Bok Choy
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon sweet chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1. Rinse the baby bok choy and pat dry. Slice in half lengthwise and set aside.
2. Whisk together all lingredients for the sauce in a small bowl.
3. Drizzle extra virgin olive oil and bring to medium heat in a large pan.
4. Add the bok choy in a single layer cut side down. Saute for 3 minutes and flip onto the other side. Cook for an additional 3 minutes. The bok choy should be tender but still have a slight crunch.
5. Now it's itme to add in the sauce! Reduce the heat to low. Pour in the sauce and coat the bok choy. Turn until it's fully glazed.
6. Transfer to a platter and garnish with sesame seeds and green onions.
Amount Per Serving Calories 48Total Fat 2gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 0mgSodium 466mgCarbohydrates 5gFiber 1gSugar 3gProtein 2g
Please note nutrition is automatically calculated and may not be accurate.