We have a family Chinese Food restaurant tradition in our house. While I love going out to eat with my fam, sometimes you want takeout at home. Here is a bit of a healthier version you can make at home that everyone will love of Chinese Stirfry Noodles. Using classic ingredients such as rice noodles and colorful veggies, the recipe is mild enough the kids will love it but hearty and flavorful for an adult crowd pleasure too. Make a whole bowl and enjoy it yourself! No shame in that game…not that I’ve ever done that before…
Use fresh or frozen veggies for an easy weeknight meal that will make both your belly and your wallet happy.
Chopsticks up, extra noodles please!
Chinese Stirfry Rice Noodles
Author: Chocolate & Lace
Recipe type: Dinner
- 1 12oz package of Rice Noodles
- 2 Chicken Breasts, sliced into fork size bites
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- ½ of yellow onion, diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- ½ chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- sesame seed oil for drizzling
- vegetable or EVOO for cooking
- Cook the noodles by bringing a medium sized pot of salted water to a boil. Add the noodles and cook them for 2-4 minutes until tender. Drain and stir in a drizzle of EVOO. Set aside.
- In a large skillet heat 2 tablespoons of EVOO over high heat and stir fry the chicken on all sides until cooked. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add vegetables to the skillet and saute for one minute. Add ginger and stir fry for another 2-4 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- In a small bowl whisk together chicken stock, ketchup, soy sauce and cornstarch.
- Add all ingredients together in large skillet and combine until all is cooked.
- Place in serving dishes and drizzle with sesame seed oil.
- Grab chopsticks and enjoy!
What do you think?