Lemon and Garlic Grilled Chicken Cutlets with Corn and Cherry Tomato Sauce
Recipe adapted from www.rachelraymag.com (my fav!)
Recipe type: Chicken
Serves: serves 4
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, butterflied
- 1 lemon, zested and ½ juiced
- 4 cloves garlic, grated
- 5-6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup corn (from the ear is best!)
- ⅓ cup chick peas (garbanzo beans)
- 1 bunch chives, chopped
- 1 small red pepper, diced into chunks
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 cups baby arugula and kale mix
- Thin sliced parmesan cheese for garnish
- Preheat grill pan to medium high.
- Combine half of the garlic, lemon zest and juice of half of the lemon with 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Whisk until combined and set aside.
- Pound the butterfly cutlets and season with salt and pepper.
- Turn them in the lemon-garlic marinade and set aside.
- In a large skillet heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium high.
- Place corn in skillet and cook until slightly brown. Add in red pepper, chick peas and chives and remaining garlic. Cook until softened.
- Add the butter and stir to melt. Toss in the cherry tomatoes. Mixture will form into a cream sauce.
- Remove the chick pea and corn sauce from the heat and set aside.
- Grill the chicken on each side. Transfer to serving plates.
- Top chicken with cream sauce mixture and a handful of arugula mix. Garnish with a sprinkle of chives and cheese shreds. Delish!
What do you think?