Hello end of Winter. Hello Citrus Season. I don’t know about you guys but in a Northeast Winter I need all the rays of sunshine I can get. Oranges and other citrus are at their peak!
The thing I love about salads is the versatility. Take ingredients in and out, adjust to your tastes! Which is why I’m going to call this more of an idea, to luxuriate in citrus season, rather than a recipe! I paired this salad with a light and sweet balsamic vinaigrette or a dash of high quality EVOO is really all you need.
Speaking of Spring…Daylight Savings time is this weekend. Have you guys heard about all the controversy around the consideration to get rid of it? What do you think? To me it doesn’t matter, I really never know what day or time it is anyway. Hashtag, Momlife. Here’s to beautiful salads and to getting to Spring and sunshine as fast as we can.
- Fresh Arugula
- Red Onion, thinly sliced
- Cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 Blood Orange, peeled + sliced in circles
- 1 Grapefruit, peeled + sliced in circles
- 1 Navel Orange, peeled + sliced in circles
- 1 Avocado, sliced
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Fresh Mint for garnish
- Optional: Feta Cheese or Grilled Chicken
- Arrange all ingredients to your liking in a large dish and serve with your favorite dressing.
Check out my other favorite Salad Recipe with BACON!!