This delicious and easy recipe for the best Minestrone Soup with hearty vegetables will warm you right up.
SOUP SEASON! Can you hear my excitement?
This is a recipe for deliciously easy and the best Minestrone Soup. An Italian classic, this version is made in under an hour and packed with hearty vegetables. This recipe version is made vegetarian but you can easily mix it up.
Ingredients for Minestrone Soup
Vegetable Broth (you can use chicken broth if you don’t want to make it vegetarian)
canned diced tomatoes
thyme and parsley
Variations of Minestrone Soup
This recipe is shown here to be vegetarian however you can certainly mix it up! Some different variations might include ingredients such as:
ground beef or sausage
Best Pots for Cooking Soup
If you frequent Style + Eat, you know we are a huge fan of Staub cast-iron enamel pans and pots. This Dutch Oven is our favorite for soups. The white, grey and blue are our current favorite colors.
Another excellent option to cook minestrone soup is to use your slow cooker! If you decide to use the slow cooker method, add all ingredients in expect the pasta. Add the pasta in the last ten minutes and cook al dente.
Other Soup Recipes You’ll Love
- 1 can kidney beans, drained
- 1 cup small shaped pasta
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup celery, diced
- 1/4 cup carrots, diced
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves
- 32 oz vegetable broth
- zucchini, diced
- extra virgin olive oil
- In a heavy bottom pot drizzle about a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil. Add in onions, carrots, celery zucchini, garlic and herbs. Cook until vegetables are tender.
- Add in broth, diced tomatoes and kidney beans. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Simmer with the lid on for 20 minutes.
- Add in the pasta and cook until al dente.
- Serve warm with grated parmesan cheese and crusty bread.
If you plan to freeze the soup, cook the pasta seperately and add in later.