This is a holiday cocktail recipe for the best Holiday Sangria.
Warm notes of wine, cinnamon sticks and a touch of sparkle make this for a festive and the Best Holiday Sangria.
I love this recipe as it’s a make-ahead perfect for any festivity and it’s easy enough you do not have to be an expert bartender. I’m far from it! You can go all out on your garnishes and it’s so gorgeous in a glass.
This Holiday Sangria Recipe calls for:
- Red Wine
- Apple Cider (non alcoholic)
- Cranberry Juice or Sparkling Cranberry Juice (I used sparkling cranberry juice from Trader Joe’s!)
- Triple Sec or other orange linquor
- Fresh Cranberries
- Diced Apples
- Orange Slices
- Cinnamon Sticks
- Rosemary Sprigs
Shop the Post
The first key ingredient is choosing a wine that you love on it’s own. The fruit and flavors will only enhance the wine, but it won’t change the wine so be sure to pick a premium wine.
I also served this over ice. Adding in a bit of sparkling cider, juice or water makes this festive cocktail perfect on the rocks. You can serve in any type of glass, flute or vessel. Make it fun and jazzy.
Here I used Pinot Noir but any of your favorite red wines will do with a fruity note. Spanish wines are always a good idea like Garnacha.
Brandy or Triple Sec are the most common. You can experiment!
You can but I would recommend making it into a simple syrup first so it’s smooth in the Sangria. Be sure to check out the simple syrup recipe below.
Keep it refrigerated and it should stay good for 5 days.
How to Make Simple Syrup
This recipe calls for honey but incase you don’t have it, a simple syrup will do! To make simple syrup:
- Use 1 Cup Sugar
- Use 1 Cup Water
- Place into a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Continue to stir until all the sugar has dissolved.
- Allow to cool until you place it in your cocktails.
Lifestyle and Recipe Blog Chocolate & Lace shares the recipe for the Best Holiday Sangria.
- 1 bottle red wine
- 3 cups apple cider
- 1 cup cranberry juice or sparkling juice
- 1/2 cup Triple Sec or other orange liqueur
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 cup diced apple (red and green to be festive!)
- Cinnamon sticks for garnish
- Rosemary sprigs for garnish
- Sparkling water to top off
- Orange slices
- In a large bowl or pitcher mix together wine, cider, cranberry juice, Triple Sec and honey.
- Transfer into a pitcher or container to place in the fridge. Add in fruit.
- Refridgerate for at least 6 hours. You can leave in the refridgerator overnight!
- Pour into glasses and add rosemary and cinnamon sticks for garnish.
Amount Per Serving Calories 282Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 29mgCarbohydrates 47gFiber 1gSugar 41gProtein 0g
Please note nutrition is automatically calculated and may not be accurate.