These Cheesy Slow Cooked Scalloped Potatoes are life. The only potato recipe you will need this holiday season is one for your slow cooker.
Super easy, creamy and frees up space to cook up a storm in your oven or carry on over to a friends house for dinner. Sprinkle on those thyme leaves and grab a fork. Paired perfectly with almost anything, these potatoes are just what your holiday plate needs.
Recipe adapted from damndelicious.net
Slow Cooked Cheesy Potatoes
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 1 lb Gold Yukon Potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheeses
- 1½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together heavy cream, garlic, thyme leaves and nutmeg over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add layers of potatoes overlapping each other in a circle in your slow cooker. Season with salt and pepper and pour ⅓ cup cream mixture over potatoes.
- Spring with cheddar cheese.
- Repeat with remaining potato slices, cream and cheese to create 2 more layers.
- Cover and cook on high heat for 4-5 hours until potatoes are tender.
- Sprinkle with parmesan and cover and cook until melted.
What do you think?