This recipe is for simple and fool proof Banana Bread.
Banana bread is in my blood, quite possibly the only baking recipe I know by heart. When Joey used to come visit me in the winter in snowy middle of no where Connecticut, he could be certain there would always be warm banana bread with cinnamon swirl on top. One of the reasons why I love this recipe for Banana Bread is that you can make several different variations.
Bread making has been sweeping the nation as we are all safe and home! Have you tried to make bread in your Dutch Oven yet?
Chocolate chips, walnuts or why the heck not, both! Toss em in. Extra cinnamon please by swirling the top with melted butter. I also love to sometimes make a crunchy cinnamon topping by using cold butter, flour and cinnamon to place on just before putting in the oven.
This recipe makes the house smell heavenly. When you’re feeling out of sorts this quarantine, use some old bananas, brew a pot of tea and make some warm banana bread.
Super easy recipe for homemade moist banana bread. Add in chocolate or nuts to this banana bread recipe.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, plus more for swirl
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease a bread pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together sugar, eggs, vegetable oil, bananas and vanilla until smooth and consistent.
- In a second bowl, mix together dry ingredients flour, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Fold dry ingredients into the wet banana mixture and stir until combined.
- You can add in nuts or chocolate chips in if you'd like!
- Pour mixture into well greased bread pan.
- Shake cinnamon on top of the bread. Using a butter knife, use the tip to make swirls with the cinnamon.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes. Use a tooth pick or fork to see if the bread is done. If it comes out clean, the bread is ready. Edges should be golden brown.
- Let cool and top with butter and more cinnamon, enjoy!
- you can add in any favorites, like your favorite nut or chocolate bits. Walnuts are shown here.
- Add as much cinnamon or as little as you'd like.
- I always top with butter as soon as it comes out so the top is coated in melted butter.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.
What do you think?